Sunday, July 26, 2009

A rafting we will go...


I can honestly say I had one of the funnest days of my life! Thanks to Marcie and Kenny Bushling and to Kern River Tours I had the most incredible adventure that I could easily be addicted to.



Highlights... the girls we went with. I am closest with Marci, Cori and Michelle. We were also joined by Marcie's sister Teasha, and friends Tisha, Sarah, and a great girl who I can't remember her name but I do know she liked "teaching aerobics for FUN."



Swimming where it wasn't too swift. I did dislocate my shoulder (yes again) but toughed it out, and was a great one armed swimmer.



The 25 foot rock that I jumped off! Five times! The river was so deep right there and the raft guides know all about it and said it was "safe". If you saw some of the rapids that we went down then "safe" for a 25 foot jump into the water was SAFE!



Watching the raft in front of us wreck and flip numerous times, and saving several "victims". Now I know that sounds mean, but I was just glad I wasn't on that raft.



The best sandwich I ever had. EVER! I don't know if it was the avocado, sprouts, or that I was hungry, but it was AMAZING!


The fact that "I ROCK!" inside joke. I was terrified that I would hit my head on a rock be knocked out and drown. Every current looked like it was going to throw my side of the raft into the rocks and I started out saying, ok yelling "ROCK, ROCK, ROCK..." Then deciding that I sounded a little dumb, I changed it to "I ROCK! I ROCK! I ROCK!" I know MUCH better.



Even the bus ride back was so much fun. We all talked and laughed so hard at the happenings of the day. When we got back to Kern River Tours we got to see the pictures that were taken on a few of the big rapids and I swear I almost peed my pants.



The only bad parts... the fact that Tisha and I talked Michelle into jumping off the big rock and she hit the water wrong and bruised her leg really bad. I feel HORRIBLE! (I hope you forgive me Michelle).



When Marcie thought she was going out of the raft and switched it up, due to her guide experience, and tried to PUSH me out! (hahah)



I could barely walk for the next 2 days. EVERY muscle in my body was so sore, not to mention my shoulder. I dug into that raft so tight, with every ounce of strength I had, that's why I was so sore, I wasn't going over!



And when it was over. Yes it was an all day event, 8:15am until I got home at about 6:00pm. I can't wait to do it again and could easily get addicted to rafting. I know I said it already but I just can't thank the Bushlings enough, it really means a lot to me that Marcie would put this together all because Karrie and I said we wanted to go rafting for our birthdays. (although Karrie was at girls camp and didn't go, we missed her)

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Bonnie, her name was Bonnie. Falling out of the raft really is not so bad. Where I fell out anyway, other spots would have been a different story. You know we need to go again, with Karrie. I agree with you about it being addicting!

Grammy said...

I love the slide show.

Michelle said...

I forgive you!! Even though my leg is still all nasty, it is feeling a little better. lol And at least I can say that I did it but I will NEVER do it again. :) Dave says I was dumb for closing my eyes cause it threw my equilibrium off. It was one of the best days ever! And the best lunch ever!! If only someone could make me that spread every day......Out of all the times I've been rafting (all shorter trips), that was the best and I could easily become addicted too. (to rafting that is, not the jump rock! hehehe)

The Youngs said...

I wish I could have been here for this...it sounds like it was an absolute blast. I've been waiting to do this so hopefully we can do it again soon!