Friday, May 29, 2009

Graduation 2009

I don't know what it will be like when my own kids graduate from High School but I do know that it is bitter sweet to see my oldest nephew and niece graduate this year. I remember so many things from when they were little. Jim and I were married when they were just 5. I dug out some pictures of them when they were little.

Bo, you are an amazing boy. Thanks for being such a great example and showing your cousins that it is still cool to be spiritual, and that you can have a girl friend and stay worthy to serve a mission. Thanks for deciding to serve your mission, you make us so proud. Uncle Jim remembers your pirate birthday party and the years he lived with you and watched you grow. I remember Easter egg hunts, birthday parties, your dad's omelets in Colorado, several fishing derbies, twitching when you would see people around you getting stressed, peanut butter, watching you grow from a Kern Valley Pony to a star player for Kern Valley High School. Watching you wreck a motorcycle but drive a truck. Congratulations on graduation!
Mojiah, you too are amazing. I know you sometimes feel like you take a back seat to Bo, but things are different for a girl. You are an amazing girl who doesn't need to be the back seat to anyone. You deserve a wonderful life, you are too smart for your own good. We are proud of your decision to continue your education and go to college. It's a difficult transition from a teen to an adult by I know you will make it beautifully. I remember your mom calling and talking to me about letting you start cheer leading, and you both always kept me updated on how well you were doing. I convinced her into letting you get contacts, which you were thrilled about. Uncle Jim remembers buying you "sexy pajama's" when you were a little girl. And of course giving you the nickname "Mojiah" that has stuck all this time. I've loved watching you grow into a beautiful young woman and hurt along side of you when you've had your hard times. I've loved being close to you. Love you Mojiah, congratulations on graduating! Keep reaching for the best, you'll get it! Maybe you can design my next house, when I hit the lottery, and when your that famous architect!

No comments: