Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Camp Wilderness





We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Friday Jim took off work so him and I went on a nice long horse back ride. We had planned on leaving early, and we did, but it took awhile to load his horse Kayak into the trailer. Did you know that pigs and bears smell the same to a horse? The Pringles used our 4 horse trailer for the weekend, so we used their 2 horse trailer that they had last used to haul pigs to slaughter. It made for an interesting few hours of trying to load. Just for the note, his horse has NEVER had a problem loading. NEVER! He is a great horse, just a little spooky. We got home and headed up to camp Wilderness for the weekend. Joining us were... The Bushlings, Tuckers, Hogues, Harbucks, Millers, Richards, and Moffats, plus some other Hurley's and the Minors joining us later. We spent a lot of time up there a few years ago, and we love it. Nothing like sleeping in a cabin and then having a shower to clean up at night, plus a flush toilet never hurt either. The kids got so dirty, the dirt up there is like flour and just dusts everything.




It's a traditional picture for the Hurley girls to do the mid air jump. Tabi and I have one, but I've decided not to share that one. After the big girls did one, the little girls did one...




Jim had a lot of little friends up there. It's no secret that Jim loves babies, Elle was one of his best buddies, it helped that he gave her fruit, and candy and Cheetos. I don't know that Krissy and Dylan liked it so much, but Elle even found our cabin to come ask Jim for snacks.

Kenny Bushling played games with the kids one night, and they all loved it. It was a lot of fun to watch too. After the games they went down to roast marshmallows by the camp fire. The sweets must have lured the bears in, because that night we had a bear get into the locked cages to get the trash.



Yes, Alex did go with us, but for some reason I have No pictures of him. Maybe because he was off playing or flirting with the cute girls up there. We didn't see him a whole lot.


Now, not to get anyone in trouble, but Marci took her sweet little Jayda up there and just left the poor baby alone. This sweet little girl had to find things to do for herself. I know Marci said on her blog not to believe me, but let the pictures speak for themselves...This is the ONLY picture you will see with Marci and Jayda together.(notice how Jada is pulling away....)I later found the baby climbing on this rock, I thought I heard her saying, "has anyone seen my mommy?" but I don't' want to start rumors because I'm not really sure.


I then found her playing with dangerous chemicals and playing in the toilet. Maybe she was trying to potty train herself?
I guess she had enough and was trying to run away, luckily I caught her before she got too far. I immediately took her back to her mommy, but it wasn't such a good idea because THIS is what happened to her for the rest of the trip....I guess it was a good enough babysitter. Notice the pine cone that she left for little Jayda to play with. Now, Marci may be great at so many things... carmel popcorn, happy thoughts, cleaning, baking, blogging and so many others but I will let you be the judge on this one. (told you I would get you Marci!)


I hope everyone knows I am just kidding and that no babies were harmed in the taking of these photos.

5 comments:

The Hogue's said...

Those pictures of Jayda are so funny, and I'm glad you used your good judgement on the mid air jumping pictures of us. I was waiting for everyone else to blog first to see if I needed to give any paybacks with crazy pictures.

Michelle said...

Marcie already told me what you were up to and not to believe any of it....but the pictures ARE pretty convincing.....
Seriously, that is toooo funny! Sound like you guys had a blast.

BushlingX7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BushlingX7 said...

You are a brat!!! I don't know if I have any more happy thoughts for you!!! I am definitly going to send Jim a care package just to show you up (ha ha). No really, you are a good person. You are....funny, and um yah funny :->.

teasha said...

Tell me about it, I am always watching Jayda when Marcie comes to my house. Like having two babies of my own isn't enough!! :-) LOL