Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just an update

I thought I would update, just for the sake of updating.

1. The van. Well it still makes me sick to think about it but, I argued with the mechanic that is responsible for the engine blowing and didn't seem as if he were going to budge. (In "didn't seem as" I mean he flat out told me). But the next day I got a phone call from HIS insurance company whom sent an adjuster down to look at it. He assures me that it doesn't mean they will pay but at least they are FINALLY getting involved. I am so sick of this van thing! I'm not stupid I know that they are going to try to get out of it any way they can, but it is still a hope. We aren't getting excited yet because we have had ups and downs through the whole thing and always seem to get let down. Oh well, it's just a worldly car! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!!

2. Jimi and Alex both made all-stars for baseball and softball. Jimi has practice all week and then games all weekend. I can't wait until it's over! Dang over achievers!

3. I went rafting for the first time last week. I had a TON of fun. I chaperoned the summer school kids. My great friend Tina fell out of the raft and scared us to death. We laughed so hard for hours replaying it. It was so funny (after we had her safe). He niece actually panicked and threw her paddle at her. hehehe

4. Yesterday I had great plans to clean house and catch up on laundry. NO SUCH LUCK! About 7am our neighbor comes over and says Jim's mom has water leaking and running down the street. I run over and find the leak and turn off the water. Jim was getting ready for work but comes over and we check it out. If it would have been PVC that broke I could have fixed it myself. I have done that quiet a few times. It wasn't! It was the metal pipe. Did you know they come in 22ft lengths? Me neither, and so we dug and dug and dug, and to make that worse there was a PVC pipe that ran the whole length just inches above it and it ran along side a sidewalk so we had to do most of the shoveling by hand. The wet parts weren't so bad, but the dry hard dirt was a little (ok a lot) tougher. Then we worked on her sprinklers that were leaking. It took the ENTIRE day and luckily Jim took the day off. So, I leave to pick up Jimi from practice and Jim goes home to start dinner and shower when he gets called out to work. Nobody in Weldon could call out of Weldon. Someone had cut a cable, so he had to dig some more and didn't get home until almost 1:30am (I think). So, I am so incredibly sore today, and I know Jim is too, but worse. And he is probably exhausted too.

5. Money... bad.

6. Work... it's work...

7. Family.... good, everyone is healthy. I took all 4 kids to Bakersfield on Monday, Alex and Sami had eye appointments. Alex failed and Sami passed, but only with a B. Her eyes are starting to get bad but Dr. didn't think she needed glasses yet, but maybe next year. Alex's eyes got a little worse. Then Sami and Trever had tonsil appointments and Trever got his ears checked. Trever took the hearing test so seriously and it was SO funny when he was doing it. He has just a little high frequency hearing loss in his left ear but she said it wouldn't ever be a problem. He needs to be tested again in 6 months just to make sure it isn't getting worse. I remembered why I don't EVER take all the kids to town at the same time. They weren't bad but when you take 4 kids anywhere that is enclosed i.e. a Dr. office waiting room, or a Dr.'s office, it is pure chaos! I was so tired by the end of the day and I have vowed to NEVER take them all to Bakersfield by myself at the same time again!

8. The Suburban now has a small radiator leak (I think, although I'm not a mechanic). It's not getting hot or anything but I smell it and I checked it and it was a gallon low, then today I drove it and after I turned it off it leaked. We are going to start off with some stop leak, and if that doesn't work we will but a new one and put it in ourselves. They are about $200. OH WELL, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!!

And that's the updates for the Hurley's.

1 comment:

Karrie said...

neat look for the blog. keep yer chin up, it'll all work out in the end.